HIGHLIGHTS FROM HONORABLE MINISTER FASHOLA’s PRESS BRIEFING ON NOVEMBER 12, 2018.
– November 10th 2018 makes exactly three years since I was appointed as Minister of Power, Works and Housing by H.E President Buhari to run the newly merged Ministry. – Fashola
– We have walked our talk and recorded tremendous success. Although there are still people we have not reached but it is indisputable that we have delivered on Incremental Power Supply.
– Surveys conducted by National Bureau Of Statistics show improved power supply and less money spent on fueling generators.
– A Nigerian sent me a text recently. He said he spent 5 hours from lagos to warri by road and this wasn’t the case under previous administrations where the same journey took a whole day to complete.
– The ministry has projects ongoing in every single state of the federation and the FCT.
– We are working with the Chinese to build the Mambilla Hydropower Project and model it after the Three Gorges Dam in China
Total Km of Roads Constructed in 2017- 488km.
Total Km of Roads Rehabilitated in 2017- 256km
Number of Personnel – 31,227
Total Km of Roads Constructed as at Nov 2018: 497km
Total Km of Roads Rehabilitated as at Nov 2018- 224km
Number of Personnel – 30,402
– The ministry’s 6-year plan for the construction of Mambilla Hydropower Dam will require about 31,240,000 bags of cement, 42,000 metric tons of steel, 18,981,000 metric tons of granite, stones, sand.
– There are 365 roads presently under construction and some awarded as far back as 2001, and 121 awarded by President Buhari led administration
– we have improved on what we met, by increasing generation from 4000 MW to 7000 MW, transmission from 5000 MW to 7000 MW and distribution from 2690 MW to 5,222 MW
– Generation from Kaduna: 215MW, Afam IV: 240MW, Kashimbilla 40MW, Gurara 30MW, Dadinkowa 29MW, power for 9 universities, 15 markets and 2 big Hydro power plants of 700MW in Zungeru and 3,050MW in Mambilla.
– We have done over 90 transmission projects nationwide with Apo, Mayo Belwa, Damaturu, Maiduguri, Odogunyan and Ejigbo being recently completed ones.
– Although there are still people we have not reached, although there are still disruptions from time to time, it is indisputable that we have delivered on incremental power.