Highlights Of What Is Contained In President Buhari’s Address Which Will Be Presented Tomorrow (Sept 25) At The #UNGA
-Address Will Reaffirm The Nation’s Commitment To Int’l Peace & Security.
-Canvass Support For Fight Against Corruption
-Return Of Illicit Assets
The President Will Also Reaffirm Nigeria’s Commitment To;
– Sustainable Socio-economic Development;
– Disarmament & Denuclearisation;
– Youth & Women Empowerment;
– Climate Change;
– Rule Of Law & Human Rights.
The President Will Canvass International Support For;
– Counter-terrorism And Insurgency;
– Curbing irregular migration;
– Re-settling Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs);
– Recharging The Receding Lake Chad.
The President Will Call For The Reform Of The United Nations, Especially The Expansion Of The Permanent Membership Of The Security Council To Make That Vital Principal Organ Of The Global Organisation Reflect Regional And Equitable Geographical Representation.
OTHER ACTIVITIES INCLUDE;
– Attending Mandela Peace Summit
– High-Level Meeting on Financing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
– World Economic Forum’s Sustainable Development Impact Summit;
– Second Annual Bloomberg Global Business Forum;
– High-Level Meeting on Action for Peace-Keeping;
– Commemoration and Promotion of the International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons;
– High-Level Meeting on the Third Industrial Development Decade for Africa; Pathway to Localising a Global Agenda.